Scotland means business in Canada | Economy and Finance | Business in Vancouver.
The latest and greatest of North American food and drink gossip!
Highlights from this week’s edition:
- 4-Supervalu selling 877 supermarkets in $3.3 billion deal
- Explosion of gluten free items showing up on restaurant menus
- First Pro Biotic coffee created for consumers
Click on the link below for the full edition!
Below is a link to most UK (mostly Scottish) Whisky listings in British Columbia, Canada. Similar to the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) the BC Liquor Board is operated through the provincial government.
Noticeably, there seems to be fewer Scottish whisky listings in BC, than Ontario. This is mostly due to the overall population size of Ontario versus BC. However, this market should not be overlooked for a few really good reasons.
1. Scottish Whisky is becoming increasingly popular among the Asian community which have a very strong presence in BC and Vancouver. BC could be considered a gateway to Asian markets overseas. Introducing brands and developing brand loyalty in the BC market may be part of a successful export strategy into other emerging markets.
2. Let’s not forget, there are more than 5 million Scottish Canadians living in Canada. In BC alone, this represents more than 800,000 Canadians claiming Scottish descent and are most likely, loyal Scottish Whisky consumers.
3. There are at least seven fully organized Scottish Games in BC and various other events that celebrate Scottish culture and heritage. Simon Fraser University Scottish Pipe Band has twice won the World Bagpipe Championship. The Gung Haggis Fat Choy Festival is held annually in British Columbia, celebrating Chinese and Scottish heritage. See the RTM pinterest board below for listings as of Jan 2013.
Important information for any UK food and beverage company currently doing business in the US.
FDA Registration Reminder for Exporters to US – Scotland Food and Drink.
Explore the latest and greatest in food and drink news from North America. This week’s issues contains some great information including:
- Food Trends for 2013
- LCBO to allow liquor sales in some grocery stores
- Food Shoppers are women, marketers are men (apparently so!)
If you have a question or comment, or require any additional information regarding any of the articles posted here, feel free to leave a comment!
Fabulous news for EU and Canadian companies alike!
Deeper trade with European Union will increase sales of iconic Canadian products, bringing jobs and long-term prosperity to hard-working Ontarians, say ministers Clement and Raitt
via Harper Government Highlights Ontario’s Iconic Brands as Beneficiaries of Canada-EU Trade Agreement.
Great news story for Canadian Wine Maker in UK. Great work guys!!!
Inniskillin wins Top Canadian Producer | Canadian Manufacturing.